2020 Special Modification to the Rhode Island Service Coordinator Collaborative (RISCC) RSC Certification/Re-certification Policy and Procedure
- The training year will be extended from June 1, 2019 through July 31, 2020
- Initial 36 hour certification packets are due December 31, 2020.
- Certification packets must be postmarked no later than July 31.
- Please be sure to use the RISCC cover sheet with your packet.
- We suggest packets be mailed "Return Receipt."
- Packets will not be returned-please keep a copy for your records.
Definition of Training/Education:
- Any training event or course (including college level) with the purpose of providing professional education in the social services field
- This excludes: training held for resident/tenant education and General board/ committee or community meetings.
- Credit is awarded for the number of hours of actual attendance for RISCC trainings. Tardiness will result in loss of credit to the next ½ hour.
- College level courses will be credited according to pertinent subject matter and semester hours. It is important to include a copy of the official course description.
Initial/Lapsed Certification Requirements:
- Requests for certification will be accepted by the December 31.
- Evidence (proof of attendance) of at least 36 hours of education/ training covering HUD’s (9) areas of knowledge (HUD Guidelines attached) accumulated within 12 months from date of hire.
- These 36 hours must include at least 6 hours of training hosted by the RI Service Coordinator Collaborative.
- Evidence (proof of attendance) of at least 12 hours of education/ training within the past 12 months.
- This needs to include at least 1 training hosted by the RISCC.
Special Credit Hours:
- Planning and presenting a training session for RISCC, NERSC, AASC, IREM, or NEHMA is awarded as 4 hours of training.
- Membership on the Board/Planning Committee of the RI Service Coordinator Collaborative is awarded 6 hours of training credit.
- For special consideration for other items, please contact RISCC before July 31 (or December 31, if applicable.)